At some point in their lives, many men and women experience a loss of interest or pleasure in sexual activity. Sexual dysfunction occurs if these problems recur or persist to the extent that they cause distress.
- For women, a thorough pelvic exam will reveal if there are physical changes that may be affecting sexual pleasure. Hormonal shifts, like those occurring after pregnancy and during menopause, can also lead to sexual dysfunction. While the role of estrogen is well known, imbalances in thyroid hormone, progesterone and testosterone can also affect sexual function.
- Other causes that can affect both men and women include health conditions such as sleep apnea, diabetes, and depression. Also, many common medications can dampen sexual response, including antidepressants and blood pressure drugs.
- Treatments typically target the known or suspected cause of the sexual dysfunction, and include bioidentical hormone therapy, medication changes, lifestyle modifications, sexual therapy, relaxation techniques and pelvic exercises.
- The O Shot – The O Shot is a safe, non surgical procedure which uses the growth factor from a patient’s own blood to stimulate stem cells. These stem cells in turn generate healthier and more functional tissue in the area of sexual response and urinary incontinence. This 20 minute procedure has changed lives for those women who have been struggling to achieve a satisfying sex life and to improve urinary incontinence. Our providers have been trained and certified by the creator of the O Shot and are they are ready to help you reclaim your sexual health.
- Viora Laser Treatment -The Viora laser is used to treat loose and sagging skin in the vaginal area. This quick, painless procedure improves the texture and tightness of the skin. Patient usually require between 6 and 8 treatments to achieve optimal results. Each treatment takes approximately 20 minutes.
- Combine the O Shot and Viora Laser Treatments for total vaginal rejuvenation.